We knocked on the doors of skincare specialists to figure out the factors behind why do Koreans have good skin. Found out the three factors behind the ‘healthy and glowing’ skin myth: unique skincare, exclusive diet, and healthy lifestyle. Korean skincare is often multi-steps and includes natural ingredient-rich products for nourishing and protecting the skin. Korean diets are usually rich in nutrient-dense foods such as seaweed, and fermented vegetables, which help to promote healthy skin from the inside out. On top of it, they prioritize healthy lifestyles like ‘good sleep’ and stress management as part of their daily routine.
If we get too specific, the combination of these factors contributes to why do Koreans have good skin. But how exactly do they care for their skin? If you have ever wondered what they do for skin care to keep their skin young and glowing throughout their life, you’re in the right place.
In this post, we’ll cover everything from why to how and provide you with the best tips so that you can also get gorgeous-looking skin as the Koreans do!
Why Do Koreans Have Good Skin?
Koreans are reputed for having amazingly glowing and nourished skin. Here are some other reasons why do Koreans have good skin.
- Skin-conscious Koreans adopt an extensive 10-step skincare routine, which includes cleansing, toning, exfoliating, and moisturizing. It helps keep the skin clean, balanced, and hydrated.
- Koreans use natural ingredients like green tea and rice water in their skincare products. Besides, most Korean skincare products do not contain harmful ingredients like paraben and sulfate.
- Koreans tend to be more conscious of protecting their skin from the sun by using UV protection and wearing hats and sunscreen.
- Healthy lifestyle habits such as getting adequate sleep, drinking plenty of water, and eating nutrient-rich foods are some of the key practices that get them improved skin than others.
We took a close look at the Korean skincare myth. But can it be possible to achieve “good skin” does the Korean do? While unveiling the myth, we excavated some crucial tips and thought sharing them might help you achieve healthy and glowing skin as they do.
Korean Skin Care Tips: 11 Tips To Get Nourished & Glowing Skins
1. Follow The Double Cleansing Method: Koreans innovated double cleansing, which means using an oil-based cleanser to remove makeup and other impurities, followed by a water-based cleanser to remove any remaining residue.
2. Exfoliate Regularly: Exfoliating your skin helps to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores, use an exfoliator to make way for new cell growth. It also helps to brighten your complexion and give you a healthy glow.
3. Apply A Korean Toner: The Korean toners don’t contain astringents or alcohol, and they are designed to balance your skin’s pH level. The best part is that they offer the initial layer of moisture following your washing and exfoliating.
4. Use An Essence: An essence is a mild, nourishing, as well as a nutrient-rich solution that helps hydrate and prep the skin for the next steps in your routine. You should apply an essence after cleansing and before serums or moisturizers.
5. Use A Serum: Serums are packed with active ingredients that target specific concerns like fine lines, wrinkles, or uneven skin tone. Use a paraben-free serum after cleansing with your fingertips and gently apply it to your face.
6. Apply A Sheet Mask: Sheet masks help to nourish and hydrate the skin deeply. These masks are a great way to relax and pamper yourself that come with helpful natural ingredients like charcoal, snail mucin, rice water, and many more!
7. Use An Eye Cream: Eye creams are designed to target the delicate, thin skin around the eyes. Use a paraben-free eye cream that will help you with the darkness and puffiness.
8. Moisturize Day and Night: Keeping your skin hydrated is essential for maintaining a healthy complexion, so it’s important to moisturize both day and night. It also helps to prevent fine lines, wrinkles, and dullness. Look for the best moisturizers that suit your skin type and apply it liberally!
9. Protect Your Skin With Sunscreen: Try to always protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays by wearing sunscreen. Choose an Oxybenzone-free sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 for optimal protection.
10. Maintain A Healthy Diet: Eating a balanced, nutrient-rich diet is key to getting Korean-like skin. Foods that are beneficial for skin health can help keep your skin hydrated and improve skin barrier function. Fruits and vegetables like berries and seaweed are packed with antioxidants and vitamins that protect the skin from free radical damage and promote cell regeneration.
Moreover, Omega-3 fatty acids, found in fatty fish like salmon, and mackerel, can help keep your skin hydrated and reduce inflammation. Also, taking tea like green tea, ginseng tea, and roasted barley tea can help you regulate oil production and keep your skin looking clear and healthy. And lastly, drinking plenty of water will help flush out toxins and keep your skin looking healthy.
11. Make Changes To Your Lifestyle: Getting enough rest, sleep, and avoiding stress is also important for healthy skin, as it gives your body time to repair itself. Make sure you have time to relax and de-stress which helps avoid breakouts and keep your skin looking radiant. Additionally, try to take a steam shower from time to time. The steam helps open up pores, allowing your skin to absorb the beneficial oils and moisturizers you use after showering.
Korean skincare and beauty routines have become increasingly popular in recent years. With the combination of a healthy lifestyle and adherence to a strict skincare regimen, it’s no surprise that Koreans have achieved rare flawless, glowing skin. We hope you have learned by now why do Koreans have good skin and if you want glowing, healthy skin like the Koreans, just follow the skin care tips we mentioned and notice the result in months!