The new school year is about to begin, but Manitoba children are dealing with increased anxiety factors which are concerning.
According to the Mental Health Commission of Canada, 1.2 million children and youth are dealing with mental health concerning issues.
Anxiety is one of the most concerning mental health issues across the province, not only for children but also for their parents.
Experts analysis shows that the most common symptoms of anxiety in children include:
Excessive fear and tension about family, school, friends, or activities;
- Overthinking about anything before happening
- Lack of confidence and low self-esteem
- Stomach ache, headache, muscle aches, or tension
- Feelings of fatigue and restlessness
- Changes in appetite
- Lack of concentration
- Feeling irritable and an inability to relax
- Increased sleeping problems and frequent nightmares
- A fear of making mistakes or being embarrassed
Visit mentalhealthcommission.ca. to find resources for supporting the mental health of youth.