Oily skins are prone to breakouts and dehydration. How do you choose moisturizers for such oily skin?
For oily skins, acne and other breakouts are more likely to happen if you don’t choose moisturizers carefully. On the other hand, if you don’t use moisturizers, considering the face is already secreting enough oil, the face may suffer from dehydration. So, what should we do?
We must take caution and be careful in choosing the best moisturizer for our skin. In such a situation, the safest option is to choose a moisturizer with natural ingredients to avert such disappointments!
Nature-extracted ingredients are best for oily skin and other skin types as they lower the risks of skin reactions. On the other hand, certain artificial chemical ingredients, like fragrant elements, artificial colourants, mineral oils, parabens, cyclic silicones, and some other components, can cause significant damage to sensitive skins.
Now, what do we have for you as a solution?
A carefully selected range of the best Korean moisturizer for oily skin!
- Our Pick of 7 Best Korean Moisturizers for Oily Skin 2022
- Why do we choose the best Korean moisturizer for oily skin?
- How to Choose the Best Korean Moisturizer for Oily Skin 2022 (Shopping Guide)
- How To Use Korean Moisturizers for Oily Skin?
- Final Words
Our Pick of 7 Best Korean Moisturizers for Oily Skin 2022
Oily-skinned people often choose to ignore using moisturizers as they produce excessive oil. The extra oil on your face can create breakouts, acne, and other skin-related issues. However, you may be unaware of your skin dehydration in the absence of proper moisturization.
If you’re looking for moisturizers that can hydrate your skin, try out our best Korean moisturizer for oily skin.
1. Cosrx Oil-free Ultra-Moisturizing Lotion with Birch Sap
- Product Type: Lotion
- Size: 100 ml
- Price: $20.85
Cosrx moisturizer is suitable for all types of skin. The all-in-one moisturizing lotion helps restore the lost moisture and soothe your skin irritations. This ultra-moisturizing lotion is rich in Birch Sap, which intensely moisturizes and deeply hydrates skin. The presence of 70.8% Brich Sap also maintains the oil-moisture balance of your skin.
What Makes Cosrx Oil-free Ultra-Moisturizing Lotion Different?
- Suitable for all types of skin
- Rich with vitamins and anti-oxidants helps to balance moisture in dry weather.
- Formulated with Betula Platyphylla Japonica Juice, Dimethicone, Glycerine, and Sodium Hyaluronate are all expert-recommended natural ingredients best for oily skin
- This subtle weightless lotion can be used directly two or three times
- Also applicable under sunblock during day time and a thick barrier of a moisturizing cream at night
2. Belif Aqua Bomb
- Product Type: Gel-Cream
- Size: 25 ml, 100 ml
- Price: $29 for 25 ml, $116 for 100 ml
If you’re frustrated with your existing moisturizing products and looking for something new that can adequately balance the excessive oil on your face, you can believe in Belif Aqua Bomb. This lightweight gel cream guarantees skin hydration from the depth of your skin and restores the lost glow.
What Makes Belif Aqua Bomb Different?
- Herbal extracts made this gel cream best for combination-skinned
- Innovative K beauty technology boosts your skin hydration, prevents dullness, and improves your skin tone
- This ultra-lightweight moisturizer takes no time to absorb
- Based on skin preference, it can be used in the morning and evening
3. BENTON Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel by BENTON
- Product Type: Gel
- Size: 100 ml
- Price: $23.70
Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel is hydrating for all skin types. Apart from skin hydration, it is effective for skin protection from pollutants. It spreads appropriately on the surface of your skin and smoothly absorbs into the skin.
What Makes Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel Different from other Moisturizers?
- Transparent and chemical fragrance-free; sensitive-skinned people are suggested to do a patch test before using
- This oil-free, aloe watery gel quickly absorbs on oily skin
- Its anti-inflammatory ingredients and mildly acidic components actively nourish and soothes skin irritation
- You can put a layer of this gel under make-up
4. [MIZON] Water Volume EX Cream 100ml
- Product Type: Watery Cream
- Size: 100 ml
- Price: $38
Those who have sensitive and combination skin often face trouble finding moisturizers suitable for their skin; Mizon can be a good solution for them. It hydrates well and keeps the skin surface smooth and healthy.
What Makes Mizon Water Volume Ex Cream Different from Other Moisturizers?
- Quickly absorbing and effectively hydrating
- Lightweight watery moisturizer restores the calmness of sensitive skin (caution: do a patch test before applying)
- The pack lasts for more than two months
5. TONYMOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Lotion
- Product Type: Watery Lotion
- Size: 160 ml
- Price: $21
Korean moisturizers like Tonymoly Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Lotion work magically, especially to reduce wrinkles, scars, redness, and acne. Its naturally fermented green tea with antioxidants improves your skin appearance and fortifies the natural moisture barrier of your skin.
What Makes Tonymoly Green Tea Watery Lotion Different from Other Moisturisers?
- Best natural moisturizer for intense skin hydration
- Ingredients, including pure fermented green tea extract, lemon seed oil, and rosewood oil, soothe and revitalize your skin
- Fortifies the natural moisture barrier of your skin and keeps it healthy
6. Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream
- Product Type: Cream
- Size: 30 ml, 60 ml
- Price: $32.90, $42
Sensitive skin is quite prone to breakouts and inflammation due to heat or excessive sebum production. Hence, people with sensitive skin do a patch test before using any skincare products. So, if Klairs Midnight Blue Cream suits your skin, it will help reduce and calm your skin irritation and fight against unwanted breakouts.
What Makes Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream Different from Other Moisturizers?
- The presence of Glycerin, Shea Butter, and Jojoba Oil clam the stressed skin
- It will also help reduce skin inflammation
- Help regenerate damaged skin cells
7. Innisfree the green tea seed cream
- Product Type: Cream
- Size: 50 ml, 100 ml
- Price: $27.15, $54.30
If you have a combination and sensitive skin and have an oily t-zone, Innisfree Green Tea Seed Cream will convert it into smooth and moisturized skin. The key ingredients of Innisfree Green Tea Cream are directly sourced from green tea farms and natural resources in Jeju. This Korean moisturizer will soothe your skin without triggering any sticky or greasy feeling.
What Makes Innisfree Green Tea Seed Cream Different from Other Moisturizers?
- Its pure and natural ingredients restore your skin comfort, calming redness and irritation
- Smooths your skin surface
- Nourishes and brightens sensitive skin
Why do we choose the best Korean moisturizer for oily skin?
We chose Korean moisturizers for these are renowned for rich natural ingredients suitable for all types of skin combined with gentle formula (unique K-beauty formulations). Our best Korean moisturizer for oily skin focuses on protection, moisturization, and double cleansing, along with effective customized solutions. On top of it, these products do not include any harmful artificial ingredients.
So, before unveiling the products, let us show you some factors you must know before choosing the best Korean moisturizer for oily skin.
How to Choose the Best Korean Moisturizer for Oily Skin 2022 (Shopping Guide)
Identify The Skin Type
We generally have three types of skin: oily skin, dry skin, and combination skin. Some skin types are extremely sensitive and could efficiently react to certain products resulting in irritation, acne, and even more severe skin issues.
However, to identify your skin type, it is not necessary to go through a lot of medical tests. Yes, it is as simple as it sounds! Try the following experiment at your home:
- Clean your face and dry it properly
- Wait for an hour
- Press the forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin area with a clean white tissue
- If the tissue gets not spot on your face, it means you have normal skin
- If flacks appear on the tissue, you have a dry skin
- The visible oily patches on the tissue sign your oily skin
- If the oil patches are found only on the forehead and the t-zone, it means you have a combination of skin
Determine The Type of Best Korean Moisturizer for Oily Skin
The best Korean moisturizer for oily skin is lightweight, oil-free or water-based. There are various types of Korean moisturizers for oily skin:
Face Cream and Lotion: If the atmosphere of your living area is dry, or you spend most of your time in an air-conditioned room, then using face cream or lotion moisturizer will be good for your skin.
Serums and Hydrating Gels: Even if you have oily skin, it can dehydrate. In that case, you need water-based hydrating gel and serum containing humectants like glycerine, aloe vera, hyaluronic acid, and panthenol, which are significantly effective for oily-skinned people.
Facial Oils: Facial oils can be used for extra nourishment of the skin. The presence of linolic acid in facial oils makes them non-greasy, which is perfect for oily skin. Almond oil or avocado oil can be applied to the skin for better absorption by mixing them with water-based gel or serum.
Key Moisturizing Ingredients for Oily Skin
The following ingredients are used in moisturizers for oily skin- Dimethicone, Glycolic Acid, Hyaluronic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Niacinamide, Jojoba Oil, Grapeseed Oil, and Hazelnut Oil.
These ingredients add moisture to your skin and, at the same time, help reduce excess oil from the skin, leaving it smooth and healthy. Some are significantly effective in fighting against pores and preventing clogs, removing dead cells from the skin, improving minor skin pigmentation, and keeping your skin hydrated.
Packaging notes are often considered certifications of products. Packages of moisturizing products for oily skin contains certification like, For Oily Skin, Mattifying, Oil-Free, Gel-Cream, Water-Based, Non-Acnegenic, and Non-Comedogenic. Figure out the packaging note laid on the best Korean moisturizer for oily skin you’re going to purchase.
Moisturizer- Day Time or Night Time?
Many of us (with oily faces) tend to ignore moisturizers. If your oily skin is naturally hydrated, you may avoid moisturizers. However, oily and dehydrated skin must need moisturizer either in the morning or at night.
Based on your skin dehydration, you can use moisturizers once in the morning and/or once before sleeping at night.
Day moisturizers usually protect your skin from pollutants, dryness, heat, and UV Rays. On the other hand, the benefit of using night moisturizers is not only limited to skin hydration. So, based on your skin preferences, you can apply moisturizers accordingly.
How To Use Korean Moisturizers for Oily Skin?
Korean products for oily skin can be significantly effective if you choose the right one suitable for your skin.
Before using moisturizer, properly scrub and clean your skin. Use other skincare products like toner, essence, and serum (if you use). As moisturizers are the thickest cream, you should apply them to the skin after all these products to regain proper hydration.
Best Korean moisturizer for oily skin: 7 Tips to Reduce Access Oil from Your Skin
Excessive oil on your face can leave you frustrated and stressed, which can ultimately trigger nothing but more oil production. Here, we have gathered some proven tips for oily-skinned people that will help to balance oil production and keep their skin smooth and hydrated:
- Drink adequate water: Water is an essential source of hydration. An adult woman’s ideal amount of regular water intake is two litres per day.
- Apply cleanser daily: Use oil-free foaming facewash to cleanse your skin’s residues. Better to use it once in the morning and at night before applying your night cares.
- Reduce alcohol consumption: Excessive alcohol can prompt more oil production on your skin.
- Apply moisturizers for oily skin: Use moisturizers that are oil-free, water-based, and lightweight.
- Apply blotting paper and medicated pad: Blotting paper and medicated pad is an excellent practice to remove excess oil from the skin instantly.
- Bring dietary change: Consult your dietician to help you to bring a change to your routine to control excessive oil production on your face.
- Take hormonal therapy: Sometimes hormonal impact can produce more oil that is controllable by taking necessary hormonal treatment. Consult your doctor to figure out whether it’s applicable to you.
Skin is like a tree; the more you care, the more it remains smooth and alive. And K Beauty industry comes ahead when it’s about taking care of your skin with natural ingredients. While many moisturizers may contain artificial chemicals, Korean moisturizers are rich in natural ingredients, safe and suitable for all skin types.
However, there are various types of skin; some are allergenic and extremely sensitive, so a patch test is always recommended before using any skincare products, including our best Korean moisturizer for oily skin.
Note: If there is an increasing concern related to your skin, don’t delay getting your doctor’s appointment.
Can You use Korean moisturizer for acne-prone skin?
Korean moisturizers are rich in natural and skin-friendly ingredients, which are best for acne-prone skin. Such elements reduce irritation and keep skin oil-free, hydrated, smooth, and glowing.
Can I use a water-based moisturizer for Oily skin?
The best Korean moisturizer for oily skin is water-based and oil-free. If your skin lacks sufficient hydration, you can use water-based and oil-free moisturizers. Water-based moisturizers boost skin hydration and keep your skin surface smooth.
Is Korean skincare good for oily skin?
Korean skincare oily skin provides the best solution as they are infused with a variety of skin-friendly natural ingredients. Not only for oily skin, but Korean products are popular worldwide for all types of skin remedies.