Getting the proper skincare routine can be hard, especially if you’re dealing with oily skin, acne, and breakouts. There are so many products on the market that it can be hard to know which one to start with, and choosing the best Korean cleanser for oily skin can easily keep all your worries away.
- Why Should You Use A Cleanser?
- Why Should You Choose A Korean Cleanser?
- Which Natural Ingredient is Best for Oily Skin?
- How Is Oil Cleanser for Oily Skin?
- The 7 Best Korean Cleansers For Oily Skin
- 1. Cosrx Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser (Best Korean Face Wash For Sensitive Oily Skin)
- 2. HADA LABO Gokujyun Foaming Face Wash
- 3. Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam (Best Korean Face Wash For Oily Skin Overall)
- 4. MIZON Snail Repairing Foam Cleanser (Best Korean Face Wash For Wrinkles)
- 5. Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing Foam
- 6. DearKlairs Rich Moist Foaming Cleanser (Best Hypoallergenic Korean Face Wash)
- 7. THE FACE SHOP Rice Water Bright Light Facial Cleansing Oil
- What To Consider Before Buying Korean Cleansers for Oily Skin?
- A Guide To The Korean Double Cleansing Method
Why Should You Use A Cleanser?
Using a cleanser helps us get rid of dirt, excessive oil, and other unwanted substances from our faces. The skin on our faces is continuously exposed to bacteria, pollutants, viruses, and dirt all day long. Cleansing removes this surface build-up and prepares our skin for subsequent skincare products.
A cleanser helps in maintaining the skin’s pH level, which allows sufficient water to remain on the skin and enhances our glow. Having dehydrated skin can make our face seem wrinkled and rough. We can maintain the proper level of hydration on our skin by regularly cleansing our faces.
Some Other Advantages of Using Cleanser
- Cleansing the skin on a regular basis can keep it appearing fresh and healthy.
- It lessens the anti-aging issue.
- Pore size is kept in check by cleansing.
Why Should You Choose A Korean Cleanser?
Korean skincare products like Korean moisturizers and Korean cleansers concentrate on nourishing the skin rather than exfoliating to reveal new skin. With a gentle approach to the skin, Korean skincare avoids harsh acids, scrubs, and retinol.
Here are some reasons why you should include a Korean cleanser in your skin-care routine:
- It contains high-quality natural ingredients like snail mucin, fermented rice water, ginseng, and green tea.
- The skin-friendly ingredients in Korean cleansers balance the skin’s pH level and give you glowing skin.
- Aim to hydrate the skin at its deepest level. In doing so, hydration keeps the skin smooth, and moisturized, and prevents wrinkles, fine lines, and other imperfections from forming.
- It can reduce the signs of aging as well. Natural skin care ingredients like salicylic acid are also included in a Korean cleanser.
- Korean cleansers are more affordable than many other cleansers in the market.
Which Natural Ingredient is Best for Oily Skin?
Oily skin can be maintained and improved by using a few natural ingredients. Extracts such as fruit extracts, green tea extracts, and botanical extracts are among the ingredients in most of them. They all have beauty benefits, such as reducing shine, minimizing pores, and controlling sebum production.
The extract of green tea is an excellent alternative for oily skin types. Polyphenols and catechins are found in them, which can reduce sebum production. It is also beneficial to use botanical extracts for oily skin, such as Morus Alba Root Extract, as these extracts help in minimizing pores.
The best thing is that you can find all these natural ingredients in our listed cleansers for the best Korean cleanser for oily skin.
How Is Oil Cleanser for Oily Skin?
Many people fear that oil-based cleansers will make their skin oilier. But these cleansers can be helpful for oily skin types. Oil-based cleansers are fantastic for deep washing the skin and eliminating residues like makeup and dirt. Additionally, they can help in removing excess sebum from pores without depriving the skin’s natural oils.
Overall, using an oil cleanser once or twice a week can improve the appearance and health of oily skin. Try an oil-based cleanser if you’ve got oily skin and want to try something new!
The 7 Best Korean Cleansers For Oily Skin
Unlike average beauty products, Korean products contain a variety of unique ingredients, and you’ll find gentle, pH-balanced formulations among the best Korean cleansers that remove dirt and makeup without drying the skin. Here are the best Korean cleansers for oily skin we have compiled for you.
1. Cosrx Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser (Best Korean Face Wash For Sensitive Oily Skin)
This Korean cleanser can be the best choice if you have sensitive and oily skin. The super-gentle formula of this face wash protects the skin’s natural moisture barrier with a low pH level. It is effective at removing makeup and residue without causing irritation.
Moreover, this gel cleanser is great for those with red, inflamed skin, as well as those who are prone to acne breakouts. It also helps in regulating oil production, removing blackheads, and preventing pimples.
Why should you choose Cosrx Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser?
- Cleanses the skin effectively from dirt
- Gentle enough even for sensitive skin
- Low pH
- Contains mild acids, botanical extracts, tea tree oil, and salicylic acid
- Free from alcohol, paraben, sulfate
- Excellent for acne-prone skin.
Caution: Do not use this product if you are allergic to tea tree oil. The cleanse may not be a good choice if you suffer from fungal acne, as it contains two ingredients that may trigger fungal infection (polysorbate 20 and saccharomyces ferment).
2. HADA LABO Gokujyun Foaming Face Wash
One of the best-selling water-based cleansers on the internet and is highly acclaimed. This foamy product is really gentle on the skin, which removes impurities, dirt, and oil with its light and soft texture. Its Hyaluronic Acid enters the skin and deeply hydrates it, leaving it smooth and supple.
This cleanser doesn’t cause any irritation to the skin, and it removes dirt, impurities, and oil without leaving the skin dry or stripped. With this cleanser, your face will feel like it’s being washed by a fluffy cloud!
Why should you choose HADA LABO Gokujyun Foaming Face Wash?
- Low pH
- Does not diminish the skin’s natural oil
- Skin feels moisturized
- Does not cause irritation
- Free from sulfate, fragrances, mineral oil, alcohol, and colorant.
- Very affordable
3. Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam (Best Korean Face Wash For Oily Skin Overall)
The Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam effectively removes both greasiness and dirt from the skin, controls sebum production, and leaves behind a clean, pleasant fragrance.
Moreover, this cleanser cleanses pores from the inside out, which is really effective for oily skin. Through the regular use of this cleanser, pores are cleansed of dirt, impurities, bacteria that cause acne, and sebum. With the use of it, even after several hours, the face stays clean and oil-free.
Note: Avoid using this cleanser if your skin is mildly oily or if it tends to be a combination of skin rather than oily skin.
Why should you choose Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam?
- Low pH
- Doesn’t irritate the skin
- Foamy cleanser
- Creamy texture
- Doesn’t give a stretchy feel
- Contains volcanic ash clusters from Korea’s Jeju Mountain, scoria extracts
4. MIZON Snail Repairing Foam Cleanser (Best Korean Face Wash For Wrinkles)
The MIZON Snail Repairing Foam Cleanser can be really helpful in removing clogged pores by clearing excess sebum and dead skin cells. It helps soothe the skin and removes extra oil. With its green tea extract, the cleanser provides skin protection, and it also smooths wrinkles.
Additionally, MIZON’s natural botanical ingredients clean pores and clear up breakouts caused by dirt, oil, and other debris. This cleanser is highly recommended for sensitive skin that is prone to acne or breakouts.
Why should you choose MIZON Snail Repairing Foam Cleanser?
- Cleanses clogged pores effectively well
- Prevents blackheads
- Hydrates the skin
- Excellent for sensitive skin
- Removes dead skin cells
- Contains snail secretion filtrate
5. Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing Foam
Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing Foam gently cleanses the skin without irritating it and helps revive the skin tone by removing impurities effectively. Besides, its herbal ingredients, like ginseng, moisturize and nourish the skin after cleansing.
Additionally, it can effectively remove dust and makeup residue from the skin after using an oil-based cleanser. Even after washing, this gentle cleanser keeps the skin well moisturized and supple by preserving optimal moisture levels without leaving a tight, drying finish.
Why should you choose Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing Foam?
- Contains anti-aging properties
- Lathers well
- Reduces wrinkles
- Doesn’t give a stretchy feel
- Little goes a long way
6. DearKlairs Rich Moist Foaming Cleanser (Best Hypoallergenic Korean Face Wash)
DearKlairs Rich Moist Foaming Cleanser deeply cleanses each pore while keeping the skin moisturized. It is a foamy whip cleanser that conditions and cleans the skin gently without making it feel tight or dry.
Additionally, this cleanser nourishes and soothes sensitive skin without causing irritation. Its Hyaluronic Acid and aloe vera leaf extract help keep the skin hydrated, and repair damaged tissue. Besides, this gentle moisturizing foam cleanser comes in a handy pump bottle, making it easy to use.
Why should you choose DearKlairs Rich Moist Foaming Cleanser?
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Easy to use
- Doesn’t give a stretchy feel
- Contains amino acid, tea tree extract, ceramides, hyaluronic acid, and olive oil
7. THE FACE SHOP Rice Water Bright Light Facial Cleansing Oil
THE FACE SHOP Rice Water Bright Light Facial Cleansing Oil is packed with vitamin B and offers irritation-free removal of makeup residue. It immediately dissolves into the skin due to its light texture and gives a refreshed feeling.
This cleanser is a fantastic makeup remover and suitable for people with oily or combination skin. It helps remove dirt and makeup from deep within the skin, thanks to its ultra-creamy feature. Also, we loved its handy pump bottle feature, which pours the perfect amount quickly.
Why should you choose THE FACE SHOP Rice Water Bright Light Facial Cleansing Oil?
- Easy to use
- Doesn’t cause breakouts or irritation
- Removes dirt effectively
- Hydrates the skin
- Suitable for all skin types
What To Consider Before Buying Korean Cleansers for Oily Skin?
Before looking for the best Korean cleanser for oily skin, you need to keep a few things in mind:
Water-based: It is crucial to use a water-based cleanser to remove excess oil without stripping the skin of its natural moisture.
Ingredients: Include a Korean cleanser in your daily skincare routine, which has ingredients like aloe vera, snail mucin, rice water, and salicylic acid. Skincare products with these ingredients are the best for oily skin.
pH: The pH of a water-based cleanser is one of the most important factors to consider. People with acne-prone and oily skin should pay extra attention to the cleaner’s pH level. Cleansers with more than a 5.5 pH level can strip the skin’s natural oils.
A Guide To The Korean Double Cleansing Method
The double cleanse consists of two steps:
Step 1: Apply an oil-based cleanser.
Cleanse the skin with an oil cleanser, such as a cleansing balm or oil, to remove makeup, dirt, and oil. Simply massage the oil cleanser over your dry skin before emulsifying it with water. After applying the oil cleanser, rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Step 2: Follow with a water-based cleanser.
Following the pepper removal of makeup, you need to wash your skin with a water-based cleanser. It will help remove any remaining impurities, and the skin’s pH level will be balanced.
Oily skin can affect our self-confidence quite adversely. Trying to keep the greasiness away with powder or wipes can get pretty tiring. The cleansers mentioned above can greatly help you keep control of your oily skin.
We recommend choosing a low-pH cleanser if your skin is oily or acne-prone. Don’t buy products that contain ingredients rated 3 or above on the comedogenic scale, and check the ingredient list before buying.
Moreover, if you suffer from fungal acne, check the ingredient list carefully of your cleanser to make sure there are no ingredients that might cause your acne to flare up, like polysorbate or saccharomyces ferment. See you next time with more skincare hacks, until then, Ta Ta!
Are All Cleansers With A Low pH Good?
Yes. Skin barrier integrity is best maintained with a low-pH cleanser for all skin types. The low pH of a cleanser allows it to remove dirt and debris, as well as refresh the skin. In addition to keeping the pH level of the skin at its natural rate, it strengthens the skin barrier and reduces or eliminates uncomfortable symptoms over time.
Is Korean skincare good for oily skin?
Most Korean skincare products contain natural ingredients that reduce sebum production, making them excellent for oily skin. There are a lot of oil-controlling ingredients in Korean products, including tea trees, volcanic ash, and salicylic acid
Can I Use Korean Cleanser For Acne Prone Skin?
Yes, you can. These cleaners contain essential natural ingredients, like tea tree, salicylic acid, and snail secretion filtrate, that help deeply cleanse and nourish the skin without making it feel stripped or dry and help in acne breakouts.
Can I Use Korean Cleanser For Dry Skin?
It can be very beneficial to try Korean cleansers if you have dry skin. Their products focus on hydration, which is one of the most important things for dry skin.